SourceForge project |
Trafd - traffic statistics collection and visualization suite
- Apr 8 2008 --
- Compile with large file offset support under Linux
- Linux compatibility
- GCC 4 compatibility
- Jan 21 2007 --
- All tools were revised to support 64 bit arch (tested on FreeBSD/amd64)
- All tools were revised to support database files > 2 GB in size
- Full list of changes
Trafd is a suite of tools to collect and visualize network traffic
statistics. Trafd itself is a daemon listening on a BPF device (using
pcap) and storing collected statistics in a flat file database. Traflog
is used to select and visualize collected statistics.
Trafd is not actively maintained. Occasionally we fix bugs and add
some required features, but if You want an up to date traffic collector
consider one of the alternatives.
- Logging all ip (tcp/udp/other) traffic on a network interface. It logs the
following information: src/dst ip address, service port number (for TCP/UDP)
number of data/header bytes of a packets, record date and time;
- Stores it's accounting information in simple, one-file per interface database;
- Flush/restore in-memory cache on/from the harddisk.
- Retrieve/store in-memory data trough the network.
- Unix box
- Tested on FreeBSD and Linux (i386 and amd64) platforms. Should compile
and run on any platform, that makes use of libpcap with minor
The latest version is trafd-3.0.3-b7.
Older versions archived here.
Original BPFT sources can be found on
ftp://ftp.turbo.nsk.su/pub/unix/ in bpft-X.X.tgz. They also archived
- Vladimir Vorobyev <bob(at)turbo.nsk.su> is an author of the BPFT
- Stanislav Svirid <count(at)riss-telecom.ru>, Vitaly V. Belekhov <vitaly(at)riss-telecom.ru> and Dmitry Frolov <frolov(at)riss-telecom.ru> contributed to trafd.
$Id: index.html,v 1.10 2008/04/12 03:20:12 lorf Exp $